Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Aussie Bush

Dramatic sandstone ramparts on the Steep Track at Bundanoon
One of the things I enjoy in latter life is bushwalking. It's not that I didn't enjoy it when I was young, I just seem to have a little more time now.
Bushwalking is an Australian term that in other countries might appear as hiking or rambling but the Aussie bush is a little different. Not a deciduous tree in sight. The world's tallest flowering plant. Creatures nearly 2 metres tall that hop. The world's top ten most venemous snakes. The world's most fabulous singing bird, the lyre bird. The only two monotremes in the world. It's a bizarre place and I love it. Over time I'll expand on these pages and try to include stories of my travels.
I'll start with a few of my favourite pics.


My friend George Cook in the Marble Arch Canyon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home